Monday, July 25, 2011

Welcome to our Literary Terms Blog!

I have developed this blog so that you, as my student, will be able to access additional information on the literary terms that I will be addressing for each genre of literature that we will cover this year.

You may be asking...What are literary terms? That is a very good question. Literary terms are the one or two major concepts taught in each piece of literature in my course. You will need to learn not only the definition of each literary term but also how to use, identify, relate to, understand and apply it to other pieces of literature you will encounter. These literary terms can be found at the beginning of each reading in your textbook and are labeled Literary Focus.

For each genre of literature we cover, I will post additional materials that will help you understand the literary term and give multiple examples for you to view at home or in your spare time.

You will also need to be familiar with the term genre. The definition for this can be found at the following website: http://www.tnellen.com/cybereng/lit_terms

I will also give valuable tidbits and helpful suggestions to those of you who choose to follow this blog and make comments about its content. It is in your best interest to check back on this blog periodically when I introduce a new piece of literature and gleen additional information that I will place only here.

Your first assignment for this class includes defining all of the literary terms that we will be addressing this school year. The Handbook of Literary and Historical Terms begins on page 1169 in your textbook.

Be sure to check back in with me in the next few days and I will give additional information about the first literary term we will cover= archetype.

Mrs. Pinney
mrspinney@yahoo.com

3 comments: